Friday, June 15, 2007

Father's Day Gift Ideas

Wow. I almost forgot it is this weekend! Yikes. Good thing that my husband is easy and loves DVDs and pop culture sort of schtuff. Easy peasy to shop for!!

However I have compiled over the course of several weeks little ideas that I thought would make great Dad's Day Gifts. Here is my short list:

• Cuff links. These cufflinks are "off the cuff!" I like them because they are just a bit quirky (like me) and on sale at Macy's. I love the hourglasses...great for reminding him that "like the sands through the hourglass, these are the Days of Our Lives". LOL

• If your husband is anything like mine, he appreciates the finer end of things. One of my husband's favorite gifts from me ever is the Coach wallet I bought him for his first Father's Day. It's a classic, it's long lasting and it makes a statement that only the best will do for the best dad ever! (and while you're at it, check out this new favorite of *mine*, I love it but it isn't practical at this point in my life! But I love scarf prints, they make me happy!)


• Holy smokes. The first time I smelled this scent I said something obscene, in mixed company no less! This scent is TDF (to die for). A must have for your man (more for you than for him), you'll thank me later.

• Is the man in your life a gourmand? A gourmet? Check out Williams-Sonoma list of Father's Day gift suggestions. There is everything from prime beef (I kid you not) to grill top pizza stones (sounds interesting). Love love love Williams Sonoma.

• Again about my DH....he's a man who loves watches. Interestingly enough his favorite brand is Fossil (they have the most fabulous repair program and he's used it a couple of times). Inexpensive, they look good and take a beating. His faves are the silver chunky chronograph types.

•Last but not least...there's always the gift of a Marmalade Photography Mini Session to throw a long lasting, loving gift of memories your man's way. You can find the details here and there are still a few afternoon session available. Keep in mind, what you give on Sunday can last his whole life, I can think of nothing better than the gift of memories!