Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Few Marmalade Must Buys/Must Do's for the Summer 2007

Yeah, I'm feeling chatty. I have a ton of image proofing and editing to do and as I'm sitting at the desk editing I started thinking about things and links to add to the blog that I thought would be fun. So, here you go... :)

Tonight my friend Beth (whose cuties I photographed last July) invited me to a Lia Sophia party. I am not a home party kind of gal but I saw some of Beth's jewelery pieces last week and was excited to get a good look at the home party tonite. I may just break my "no buy" rule at home parties for this one! I have recently reignited a passion for fun jewelery that doesn't really break the bank and am excited about what I'll buy!

A fellow photography buddy of mine suggested this Olympus waterproof, shock proof digital camera. Given the theme of the post beneath this, I guess this is an appropriate place to put the link. My first point and shoot digital camera was an Olympus 5050z and the optical quality that Olympus puts into their point & shoot line is bar none.

We're off to Yellowstone National Park later this summer and we'll be "roughing it" with no phones, tvs or computers. However for truly roughing it I've been contemplating getting a tent and starting a camping family tradition. I like the tips listed here at REI's website. I should probably make mention that I've never really gone camping in the traditional sense so perhaps renting a tent or borrowing one first should be my first course of action!

Anyone who knows me knows my love for the Red Bullseye ;); well here is just another reason to love Target...The Art Institute of Chicago's Target Free Evenings. General admission is free from 5-9 p.m. every Thursday during the summer season. How great is that? I love stores that give back!

Sleeping Bear Dunes is 35 miles of preserved lake front on the shore of Lake Michigan in Michigan. I have been dying to go here for several years since my friend Jen showed me the link one night during a long hospital night shift in my former life as a nurse. Here is a link with some information on this cool area. Perhaps a long weekend away for the Drenthe Family is in order. Heck, maybe THIS is the place we could camp out at!! Two birds, one stone...