Thursday, April 05, 2007

Progress
Alternate title to this post: HOW TO ENSURE YOU HAVE DRYWALL DUST IN YOUR LUNGS FOREVERMORE

By my 2nd title I know you can totally tell my job is sanding the drywall.

Being the DIY types (sorta), my dear husband Duane and I have done not only the drywall hanging portion of the studio endeavor but also are doing the mudding and sanding along with painting. I know, I know, it's temporary insanity but I do find that I am getting my arms back in shape from sanding AND it's sort of a Zen quality to sit there and immerse myself in some manual labor.

Here are a few images of progress taken a couple of days ago. I assure you that it still looks the same on coat 2 of the mudding process. Who knew drywall mudding & sanding is a (cumbersome, boring, repetitive, bleh) three step process? Not I...well not until very recently.

Enjoy!







There are several very fun things about this. I get to do my most favoritest thing shopping wise to do in the world, I get to furniture shop!! I ordered my most fabulous sofa several days ago and am awaiting shipment, I plan on having some pieces for the new fabulous viewing room reupholstered and I get to decorate!! I haven't fully allowed myself to get into it 100% because I'd go overboard but I cannot wait until this is all done and I get to see my final plans take hold. I think all of you will be very very excited once I get to unveil the awesome studio digs.

And yes, that's a new variation on my logo you see. I created that back in December or so when I was working on the new site but wanted to step into it from the old rectangles slowly. It's finally making it's debut!!