Monday, March 13, 2006

Outside of the Portraiture Box



Yes, I do take pictures of things not people oriented. In fact, one of my passions is taking pictures of landscapes and macro photography. There's something freeing about seeing an old barn or a leafless tree through my eyes and creating that vision. My husband recently encouraged me even further, commenting that he wished I would get back to my roots a little and take some more landscape photography for our home decor. Hehe, I guess my daughters will love the welcome reprieve! Poor souls, if it's possible to be over photographed, well than they would fall into that category. :D

Now that spring is coming, I am getting excited about the prospect of warmer outdoor weather. Here are a couple of shots I have taken within the past several months, during the frigid Illinois weather. Don't let the snow picture fool you, it looked like that for about 5 minutes and all melted away the very next day.

No comments: