Friday, December 02, 2005

Big Deal Saturday


I am shadowing a fellow photographer tomorrow. His specialty is weddings! I am so excited about this because I was asked to do a wedding this upcoming year. I want to be prepared and give my best work over for this wedding so I am going into this wanting preparedness.

Since the Christmas rush is over biz has slowed down a bit, not that I'm complaining mind you. I cannot believe how much time has flown by over the past several months. After I finished up at the Woods' Workshop back in September I feel like time is just WHOOSHING past me.

Speaking of the workshop...do you ever feel like you're having a life defining moment? I've had several of those in my lifetime and I remember, distinctly, driving down to the workshop having this feeling of--epiphany (for lack of a better term) about where my life was going. I felt like the drive to Central-Southern Illinois was like a drive towards a different life. Very weird. And each time I really think about the feeling I had that beautiful sunny September afternoon (listening to the Dandy Warhols, no less!) I get chills.

That's a good thing, right?

Take a moment and think about life defining moments in your life. Think about those moments that have turned your life to a different direction. Those moments may be the moments you will look back upon when you are 84 years old sitting next to your spouse of 50+ years fondly recalling your youth.

BTW, today is the eve of the 4th anniversary of a big defining moment in my life...perhaps that is why I am waxing down memory lane. That day, four years ago, was a series of life defining moments. Some good, some bad but I did receive one of the greatest gifts of my life that day, my daughter Lauren.

On that note: Happy Birthday Lauren! FOUR YEARS OLD. Unbelievable! Time passes by too too quickly.

No comments: