Saturday, November 26, 2005

YAY! And Some Holiday Ramblings...


A big sigh of relief...my website is officially moved to its' rightful home.

I won't go into the details of this process but it was heartachingly difficult at some points. There were periods of frustration but I am truly happy with the functionality of it all. It almost makes up for the headache!!

I hope everybody had a lovely Thanksgiving. My family descended upon our home on Thursday and it ended up being a good time. My nephews and neice have grown up into wonderful kids that are fun. My husband, Duane, got to play his XBox with my nephews and it was so funny seeing him (my husband) revert to being a kid again. Madeline & Lauren thoroughly enjoyed seeing most of the family (some of my siblings weren't present). I came to remember the importance of family.

So many people make offhand jokes regarding spending the Holidays with people you hardly spend time with during the year. To a point I can see how family can drive you batty...believe me our family has its' share of issues...but through it all, your family is who comes to help when there is a need. Sometimes your friends can be counted upon, sometimes people surprise you, but usually you are able to count on family. Several years ago I had a wonderful reminder of the beauty of life (as well as the ugliness of it all) and I try to remind myself of the value of family.

That being said, everyone around us is already decorated for Christmas (I swear the turkey carcass hasn't even cooled yet and the Christmas lights are up!). It makes me sad that people rush the Holiday process through, I feel like this whole season from mid-October through New Year's is so rushed that I don't rush to put up the Christmas tree. I'd rather savor the few weeks with the live tree than rush to get the decor up just to have it up. Shoot, it doesn't feel like Christmas yet to me.

So in remembrance of fall, here is a photo from late October-early November. It was taken at dusk in the woods by our home. Enjoy.

No comments: