Monday, November 21, 2005

Random Insomnia Rantings

Today is my birthday, yet another year has passed. Seriously, where has time gone? I swear that once my children were born that time has been sucked into some vortex. There never is enough.

For instance, I don't have time to shop like I used to. Doesn't matter as my current obsession for shopping is all B&H Photography related but nonetheless. I was walking around WalMart yesterday waiting for some snapshots to get 1 hour photoed from my daughter's cheapie kid digi camera and I realized I hadn't had a one hour span in a store for MONTHS. It's always rush-rush. Maybe I need to slow down but I have to be honest, it's sort of fun being on the go.

Back to the birthday issue at hand. When you are only one hand worth of fingers away from the big 4-0 you begin to reflect on where life has taken you. This last year has been some journey! Exciting and yet at the same time busy and nerve wracking. I feel like this has been a year of new beginnings and it feels good! New beginnings are a good thing, aren't they?

I awoke at 2:30 this morning with a million thoughts running through my head. First of which, lately, heavy on my mind has been the new web site. You have no idea how exciting it is to be able to showcase my current work...if I would've known how easy the process has been and the end result, well I would've done it awhile ago. I was resistant to the process for whatever reason (cheapness) and now realize that all good things come with a price. I always knew this but I was trying to be a jack of all trades in this process. Sometimes it feels good to be able to hand something over and be able to trust the people you give the responsibility to. Not that it hasn't been without it's pitfalls--that I won't get in to--but truth be told it has been the best birthday gift I could give myself, my business, this website is much more me than I could ever hope to create on my own.

That is all. Countdown to the big 4-0 commences now. Five years should be a long time, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome web site Mare!!! I am so excited for you....and happy b-day a little late! Your pics are beautiful. That was Chris and her little guy in the jean jacket and jean overall's, right?
Congratulations!!!!!!