Sunday, June 18, 2006

New Office...and other, ahem, breaking news...


I am so excited! My new (home) office is almost completed. It has been a year in the making. I am now awaiting the arrival of my custom sofa and chair, the rest of my shelves and it will be finis! A completed project.

I gave kudos to my husband in the prior post and sounded all lovey dovey to him because I am appreciative of all the support he's given me in OUR business venture and I am thankful to him for working so hard to complete the kids' playroom (special eaved attic space that any little girl would LOVE!) so I can have my office adjacent. I can't wait until the office is finished to snap photos but I will share that it's Danish modern and very vibrant and fun (I've always had a soft spot for Danish Modern design sensibility and this is my first real foray into using it in our home design).

This will transition perfectly for when I move to an outside studio space, hopefully in a few short years. Also the design, simple and clean but fun in colors, will help spark that creative fire that happens. Right now I'm working in a cramped area and I will love to get those 20 upcoming session files (yes...20! I'm booked until August and a few sessions in October already, so if you haven't booked a summer session now is the time!) filed away.

Also, I have been in contact with someone in our new arts council and I'm probably going to be participating heavily in that effort. How exciting is that going to be...?

Now for a photo of how I'm feeling as of late. Very exhausted (but happy!). Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're always doing stuff that is so diffrent from the usual. We can not wait to proof Em's session with you next week. The mini preview that you sent us yesterday is unbelievable, we don't know how you do it, seeing into our life the way you have.

If the pictures we'll be seeing next week are even half as nice as the mini preview...wow. We really cannot wait to see you next week.

*Len and Sandy*